there and competing wit

classic Klasický list Seznam threaded Témata
1 zpráva Volby
Odpovědět | Témata
Otevřít tento příspěvěk v zobrazení vlákno
|

there and competing wit

huangjian123
The Detroit Red Wings are a team in transition Ziggy Hood Jersey , and that was evident Tuesday night.

Veteran defenseman Niklas Kronwall scored a goal for his 400th point, while rookie defenseman Joe Hicketts, playing his second NHL game, grabbed a pair of assists for his first career points as the Red Wings beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 5-2.

”It’s neat for sure,” Detroit coach Jeff Blashill said. ”It’s good. I thought a number of our young players played well.”

Luke Glendening scored twice and Darren Helm matched his career high with three points. Helm had a goal and two assists, and Frans Nielsen and Niklas Kronwall also scored for Detroit. Jimmy Howard made 22 saves to help the Red Wings win in regulation for the first time since a 3-1 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes on Feb. 24.

Sidney Crosby and Kris Letang scored for the Penguins. Matt Murray stopped 21 shots.

It took Pittsburgh 38 seconds to gain the lead. Crosby took Jake Guentzel’s cross-ice feed and snapped a shot before Howard could get across.

”(Dylan) Larkin, Helm and (Anthony) Mantha was the line that went up against Crosby,” Blashill said. ”They didn’t start great. The turnover early and then they go down and score. But that’s the learning process that you have to do and after that they were really good, so that’s a real positive.”

The Red Wings pulled even 17:43 into opening period. Helm found Kronwall pinching down from the point, and Kronwall whipped a quick shot past Murray. It was his 80th goal, tying him for fourth among Wings defensemen with Hall of Famer Marcel Pronovost.

”I try to keep them,” Kronwall said of his milestone pucks. ”I’m not sure exactly where I have them. I don’t have that many, let’s be honest. I think they’re around somewhere.”

Detroit Dan Hampton Jersey , mired in a 1-12-1 stretch, grabbed the lead on the power play at 14:28 of the second period. Martin Frk faked a shot, then zipped the puck across the ice to Nielsen, whose high shot eluded the sprawling Murray.

Just 41 seconds later, Detroit made it 3-1 when Glendening deflected Nick Jensen’s point shot.

”We let them have the momentum with those two quick goals in the second period,” Crosby said. ”You can’t let that happen. Once we fell behind there, we were chasing the game.”

The Red Wings added another goal 6:21 into the third period when Helm converted Larkin’s feed for his 10th.

Letang’s point shot found its way through traffic and behind Howard with 3:16 left in regulation.

Glendening finished the scoring into an empty net with 1:28 to play.

”I don’t think we were struggling tonight, we just weren’t playing with the kind of urgency it takes to win games,” Penguins coach Mike Sullivan said. ”This is a hard league, and it is hard to win a game no matter who you are playing.

”If you aren’t willing to make the commitment it takes to give that kind of effort, you are going to get beat.”

NOTES: Red Wings GM Ken Holland would not confirm reports that he and Blashill would return next season, saying only that the question would be answered by the end of the season. … The Penguins are the first visiting team to lose twice at Little Caesars Arena. They also fell 4-1 in Detroit on Dec. 31. . Glendening recorded his second career multi-goal game and first since Jan. 27, 2015 at Florida Mason Crosby Jersey , along with his fifth career multi-point game.

UP NEXT

Penguins: At New Jersey on Thursday night.

Red Wings: At Buffalo on Thursday night.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars are going to have to play a lot better if they are going to beat the New England Patriots in the rematch of the AFC title game next weekend.

The opening weekend was ugly. Loads of penalties. Offensive struggles. A hamstring injury to leading rusher Leonard Fournette, and a near meltdown by the vaunted defense after linebacker Myles Jack gave Jacksonville a 20-9 lead with a 32-yard interception return early in the fourth quarter.

For now, the Jaguars will settle for a 20-15 season-opening victory over the Giants on Sunday that spoiled the New York debuts of coach Pat Shurmur and halfback Saquon Barkley and the return of star receiver Odell Beckham Jr.

“We were talking about it in the locker room,” said quarterback Blake Bortles , who threw a short touchdown pass and helped Jacksonville take a 13-6 halftime lead. “You never really know how Week 1 is going to go. You have an idea. You know you’ve been going against a pretty good defense all camp and all preseason long. But to come out and find a way to win when you didn’t have your ‘A’ game as an offense, I think it’s pretty special.”

The Jaguars won because their defense, which scored seven touchdowns last season, carried them. It limited New York to three field goals and stopped a late drive after Beckham caught passes of 21 and 19 yards to help the Giants reach the Jacksonville 36.

However, the Jaguars held, unlike in the AFC title game, when the Patriots scored the final 14 points to advance to the Super Bowl.

If there was a negative, it was giving up a 68-yard touchdown run to Barkley less than a minute after Jack scored. The rookie finished with 106 yards on 18 carries.

Still Chuck Howley Jersey , the win gave Jacksonville a positive note ahead of a home matchup with New England, which beat the Houston Texans 27-20.

Jack, who scored on a pass tipped by Abry Jones, is looking forward to it.

“It’s definitely on my mind. As soon as that clock hit double zero, I was already thinking about New England,” he said. “I can’t wait for that game, and I’m looking forward to Jacksonville being out there.”

Coming off a 3-13 season, the Giants refused to take solace in a good effort, not with a game at Dallas next weekend.

“It’s disappointing when you lose,” Shurmur said. “The one good thing is our team fought from the front to the back. They fought all the way through the game. Unfortunately as is the case in a lot of these games that are close, we just didn’t make enough plays.”

Here’s some things we learned in the Jaguars win:

O-LINE WOES: The Giants offense line remains a work in progress. The revamped group needs to give Eli Manning (23 of 37 for 224) time to find his talented receivers and open holes for Barkley.

Facing a tough pass defense, Manning spent most of the game hitting short passes. There wasn’t much time to look downfield.

Ereck Flowers didn’t have a smooth transition going from left to right tackle. He was whistled for a tripping call and a hold on the opening drive. Left tackle Nate Solder also picked up a holding call.

TOO MANY FLAGS: The Jaguars biggest problem was penalties. They were called 11 times for 119 yards.

“We know that we can be better than that,” coach Doug Marrone said. “At the end of day Charles Clay Jersey , we were able to get the win. If you keep on that track, that stuff will bite you.”

BECKHAM BACK: Stop worrying about the left ankle Beckham broke in October. In his first game in almost 11 months, the NFL’s top-paid receiver was the best player on the field. He caught 11 passes for 111 yards and drew two pass interference penalties late in the first half to set up a field goal.

“Just being out there and competing with the best, I wish we would have gotten a win, but at the same time it’s a good starting point for our team,” Beckham said.

INJURIES: Marrone wasn’t concerned about Fournette, who finished with nine carries for 41. Backup T.J. Yeldin led the team with 14 carries for 51 yards and Bortles had four for 42. Jacksonville rushed for 137 yards.

“He’s had it before, he knows how to treat it,” Marrone said of Fournette. “That makes things pretty optimistic, which normally I’m not that optimistic.”

GIANTS NEW DEE: Coordinator James Bettcher’s 3-4 scheme limited the Jaguars to 305 yards, including 121 in the second half. Janoris Jenkins had an interception and the Jags tight ends and receivers combined for 12 catches, with only two plays being 20 or more yards.

Womens Derwin James Jersey